After what started out as one of the coldest Novembers on record, the team at Live54218 is super grateful for this post-Thanksgiving burst of sun and mild temperatures. While we’re not naive enough to think these balmy temps are here to stay, they provide a great reminder that we should be grateful for the amazing outdoor spaces available to us in our community.
If you haven’t stepped out yet to get some fresh air, here are our top five ways to “get your steps” on these precious sparkly, late fall days:
- Hit the local downtown scene for some holiday shopping. From the Broadway business district to downtown De Pere, holiday decorations and sales beckon. Make it a bit more energetic by adding an extra lap around the block between stores!
- Go for a walk and check out the holiday lights in your neighborhood. We get so used to driving by the festive decorations that we forget how much better they look when we feel the crisp air on our face and smell the scent of fires in the fireplace.
- The Jingle Bell Run is this Saturday at UWGB. Tie your jingle bells on your running sneakers and enjoy a fun 5K out on the lovely, natural race course. There are carols and costumes, and the proceeds support arthritis research.
- Don’t miss the Garden of Lights at the Green Bay Botanical Gardens, where you can walk at your leisure through one quarter of a million, twinkling lights in exquisite botanical-themed installations! Make it a family outing or a super-romantic start to date night and get a walking workout as an added bonus!
- The Fox River Trail is open for business all year round. Purchase your trail pass and make 2018 the year that you become an all-weather, outdoor exerciser. These lovely last days before winter comes for real are a great time to start a tradition of monthly (or weekly or daily) visits to this awesome community resource.
And remember, the warm and cozy indoors is even better after time spent outside!
Got a great way to stay active outside all year round? Share it with us!